- Hi Yendri!What are you doing in these pre-autumn days?I have just rolled my tobacco and now i m ready to bore you with questions.
- Lets start with your latest activities,about new songs,coming album ,what can you say about current situation of Yendri?
to compile a new album. There was a lot of hate and frustration that needed to be converted into songs.
- How are the feedbacks for the ‘Dangerous Thought ‘of 2002?
But it’s better than JUST mediocre reviews (which also exist…)
- With the release of ‘Dangerous Thought’,do you think has Yendri became more known in the scene?
last Album is over a year old. Here in Germany, I’m pretty unknown. I get more feedback from other countries.
- Related with the previous one,do you think that Yendri belongs in this or that scene?What is your opinion about all these fuckin catagories/borders which are generally put by the labels or magazines/critics?
The bad thing about this is, the more styles you occupy the less credible you get. At least in Germany.
They think “You can only be real good in something you’re specialized at” without even taking a look at the results.
In Japan, Mitsubishi also sells milk and doesn’t lose credibility there.
- May i ask,what you exactly think/feel when you hear something unpleasant about your songs/albums?Do you care about negative feedback or just skip these opinions?Actually negative thoughts about albums/songs or what the heck…may give some new ideas ,nevertheless you must be sure about the real intention of the’criticts’?
- What are you listening nowadays?Can you reveal some names from your music library?
Indian Music (A R Rahman, Latha…) yes and also Depeche Mode and Synth Pop in general. I like the sound of the 80ies ;-)
(Aint you missing the “standard list” here? *g*)
And there is much “dark matter” in “normal music”, but it’s harder to find some times. For me “Mony don’t matter” from Prince has -in my opinion- more melancholy than most dark wave songs.
I also think that it’s not “less credible”, just because it’s a maintsream song. Beneath all that, it’s of course a matter of personal taste.
- Do you also other veins of music?I mean do you listen Black metal or,lets say,doom metal?or be it something else?
- You create and design your cover artworks by yourself and this is a thing which i really appreciate.I mean ,an album or dedicated magazine or something else ;one should feel responsible for his/her own work and should prepare everyaspect by his/herself.For example i can not let somebodyelse to prepare my magazine’s deisgn/artwork(Frost Mag is an one man Project),this does not mean i m hell perfect at artworks or design thing,but it should be totally mine,it should be totally under my control if i want to create something sincere or real.This my idea,though.So Yendri,what can you say about this?
Also the artwork is a part of me and not an interpretation of someone else.
- A weird one;do you like the movies of (both version) the Planet of the Apes?I think you have also watched the new version of the film.The latest one is ok,yet the ex one (1968) was a real classic for me?
I also think the original is a classic and have kept it in good memory ;-)
- And,what kind of movies you prefer?(Actually i think i can predict it).Watching at cinema or in your own home/room on DVD ?Tell us your choice?
Like “soylent green”, “Logan’s run”, “Planet of apes”, “Space Oddysee 2001”, “Clockwork Orange”, “Silent Running” just to name a few.
One of the very few films of today that really caught my attention was “The Matrix part I”, the following parts were plain dissapointing and ruined the myth about it all.
And I like comedy a lot. I’d always prefer a funny movie over a dark horror-movie. (Spaceballs, Life of Brian)
And of course I like obscure and mad movies like Brazil, Requiem for A Dream, etc.
When I have the choice, I prefer cinema. It’s bigger and more impressive and a fun thing to do.
- Are you thinking of some other ‘cover’ songs in the future?
- Say a word for each;! (first thing you feel!)
- Thanks a lot Yendri,for time on this blue paper.Please add your last words and start the dawn please!
Leave a comment
No comments yet.